Army Public School Dagshai
Dagshai is 1 of the oldest camp in India. It is situated on top of a 5689 feet (1734 meter) high hillock that stands sphinx-like astride the Kalka-Shimla Highway at a point about 11 km from Solan. It was established in the year 1847 by the East India Company by securing free of cost 5 villages from Maharaja of Patiala aka Bhupinder Singh of Patiala. The name of these villages was Dabbi, Badhtiala, Chunawad, Jawag, and Dagshai.
Army Public School Dagshai For Admission Academic Year 2020 – 2021
The new camp is named after the last-named village, as it was the biggest and most strategically located. The name Dagshai, India, according to a popular local legend was derived from Daag-E-Shahi. During the Mughal times, a Daag-e-Shahi (Royal Mark) was put on the forehead of the criminals & sent packing to the then Dagshai village. The Dagshai Central Jail now being used as an office, recently converted into a museum that was built in 1849.
More of a number of freedom fighters were killed here then the jail came into limelight, it is prompting Mahatma Gandhi to rush to assess the situation. 4 revolutionaries of Kamagata Maru were also executed at Dagshai. Now this jail is being maintained by MES under GE or SH Kasauli. Now it has been converted into the museum. Going around Dagshai, 1 can still see the remnants of the European Regiments that served here. The 2 churches and 3 cemeteries are mute testimonies of the time gone by.
Admission and Registration
1. The school caters admission to Classes-V to IX and XI boys and girls with boarding facilities on the basis of the written Entrance Test.
2. The school is run primarily for the children of serving Army Personnel at subsidized expenditure.
3. Seats are offered to the children of War-Widows.
4. All other categories are treated as civilians.
Age Eligibility For Admission
Age on 31st March of the Year (as per class to which for admission or registration is sought)
Class- V – 09 Years
Class- VI – 10 Years
Class- VII – 11 Years
Class- VIII – 12 Years
Class- IX – 13 Years
Admission to class 11th 2020 – 2021 – Click the link and know for the Admission to class 11th 2020 – 2021
# The child will only be registered on the receipt of the registration fee.
# In addition, the school also requires a Birth Certificate.
# No child can appear in the Entrance test unless he/ she has been registered.
# The last date for receipt of Registration Form for Classes V to IX is 31st Dec.
# The last date for receipt of the Registration Form for Class XI is 10th March.
Registration forms along with prospectus are available from the school office.
1. By Sending a demand draft of Rs. 550/- in favor of Principal APS Dagshai payable at PNB Dagshai or any has been registered. other banks at Solan.
2. By hand by depositing Rs. 500/- in School account at PNB Dagshai.
3. No cash will be accepted in the school office.
Submission of Registration
= Gurdians are required to complete the Registration Form and Admit Card attached with the prospectus and then sent by Regd. post to the school along with registration fee (demand draft) as indicated in the structure. (Rs. 2000/- for Defence Personnel & Rs.4000/-for Civilian.
Documents required at the time of admission
1. Transfer Certificate in original.
2. A scanned copy of the Transfer Certificate issued by CBSE affiliated school shall be uploaded on their official school website.
3. Transfer Certificate issued by non-CBSE schools i.e. State Board or ICSE Board) shall be countersigned by the District Education Officer or Appropriate Education Authorities.
4. Progress Report of the previous class passed along with a character certificate. (In Original)
5. Photocopy of Aadhar Card of Student.
6. Passport size photographs (8 Nos.)
7. Medical History form (duly filled and signed by competent medical authority) with the blood group of the child.
8. Indemnity Bond on Stamp Paper/ e-stamp of Rs.10/-
9. Anti-ragging affidavit on Stamp Paper/e-stamp of Rs.20/-.
Photocopy of PAN Card of Parents.
10. For serving/retired defense personnel only (whichever applicable)
Medical Cover: Dependents of Defence Personnel.
11. Defense Personnel Service Certificate.
12. Medical Dependent Card / ECHS Card of Dependent on ESM.
13. Photocopy of Pension Pay Order (PPO) & Discharge Book.
– Visit the school’s official website or click the link & know more about the APS school fee Structure.
How to reach the Army Public School, Dagshai (Where is Army Public School, Dagshai) – The army school of the Dagshai is available in Army Public School (APS), Army Public School, Dagshai-Solan (HP), Pin – 173210, India. visit the Army Public School, Dagshai going with any transports.
Contact Person: Admissions Phone Number: 01792-266174 (O), 01792-266651, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: www.apsdagshai.org, Address: Dagshai-Solan (HP), Pin – 173210, India.
Facilities: Classroom, Library, Playground, Bus Transport, Computer Laboratory, Science Laboratory, etc.